Sunday, April 17, 2011

Massaman Curry Redux

The Massaman Curry Paste in my post earlier today was made a couple of weeks ago.  Yesterday I was in the Argyle neighborhood in Chicago (Hai Yen - YUM!  Again, I must thank my friend Suzanne for introducing me) and picked up some prepared Massaman Curry Paste (then saw the same stuff today in the suburbs at Brookhaven Marketplace in Mokena, go figure).  So I am revisiting the dish today with the prepared paste. 

I dissolved a whole can of paste in a can of regular coconut milk over medium high heat.















I added red potatoes, yellow onion, and carrots and simmered everything for about 10-15 minutes.  Then I added a can of light coconut milk, cauliflower, snow peas, sugar snap peas, and green beans and simmered until the potatoes and carrots were fork tender. 















I garnished it with chopped roasted unsalted peanuts, lime, and basil.















Quite different than homemade but very good too!

I had bought white fish at Whole Foods yesterday so I baked it in the oven and served it with the Massaman Curry on top too.  Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment