Thursday, March 31, 2011

Girl, I'll house (dressing) you.

So, I have a little confession to make. I like to listen to music when I cook... mostly dance/electronica/house.  Some might even call it techno.  I always leaned toward the term "progressive house." But if you asked me the definition of that term, you'd have me stumped.  But anyways, it lifts my mood and occasionally you might find me dancing around the kitchen, my 7" chef's knife in hand.  Best not get in my way.  :)

Tonight I made a big batch of a dish I posted on Facebook the other night before I started this blog. That was the first time I made the dish and we liked it so much (and I had lentils leftover), that I made a bigger batch tonight.  As I said then, the dish is inspired by this http://www.wouldrathergather.com/allrecipes/lemony-lentil-and-rice-salad/.  I follow the dressing recipe fairly closely, I just use regular balsamic and skip the pine nuts and nutritional yeast, which I do not have on hand.  I LOVE this dressing.  In fact, it might become our house dressing.

Lemon Dill Lentil Rice
















Ingredients for Salad

2 cups cooked green lentils
1 cup cooked basmati rice
As much as you like of diced veggies such as:
Green Pepper
Cucumber
Tomato
(but use whatever you want)
Sliced Greek Olives
(I think some diced feta would be great too, but we're eating vegan tonight)

Ingredients for Dressing

1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh dill, roughly chopped
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice + zest of one lemon
sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste

I mix the dressing first and then pour it over all the other ingredients in a big bowl.  Toss.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment